Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun, Fragrant, and Fantastic Young Living Convention!

I had good intentions of posting this last Sunday, but you know how it is coming back from three days away from home. So much catching up to do! I am putting a little video together, but I will need the help of my media assistant (ahem, husband) to compile and edit. Young Living usually does a highlight video which I will post when it is available.

The Kick Off welcome reception on Wednesday night was top notch to say the least. The food was oh-so-yummy, there was live jazz playing, ice sculptures, and the Ningxia Red was flowing.
Some of the appetizer delights included mounds of stuffed olives, turkey/asparagus wraps, spicy chicken tenders, walleye cakes with lemon aoili, spinach artichoke dip, and turkey meatballs. Almost everything was seasoned/flavored with an essential oil like basil, thyme, lemon, etc. MMMM!
Having a great time with dear oil-lovin' friends Shelly (left) and Sara (right). Shelly is my next door neighbor and a distributor in my Young Living organization. Sara is on the worship team at my church and also lives on our street. Shelly and I basked in the essence of grapefruit at the aroma/oxygen bar in the Product Expo and did lots of giggling.

Gittin' educated. A whirlwind of workshops and presentations, so inspiring for this OilGirl!

This photo just doesn't do the convention stage justice. The lights, botanical images, and waterfall were truly gorgeous. Gary Young, founder of Young Living, spoke several times and shared all about his adventures growing aromatic plants on YLs new farm in Ecuador. He also showed a breathtaking video of the quest for Frankincense in the Middle East. Hopefully parts of this video will be available on YouTube soon so I can share! We all got an exciting sneak peak of the theme of next Grand Convention June 2010 held in Salt Lake City.
Who is going with me??
More on Convention 2009 to come....

No comments: