Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Di-Gize Essential Oil Blend to the Rescue!

This morning my three and a half year old son came to the breakfast table with a pained expression on his face. I was making a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel, which he loved. His complexion was ashen gray and he was doing a whimper crying thing that is so unlike him. He did not look good, even his lips were white. Stomach flu is going around our church and one of the kids in our Life Group threw up at our Fourth of July celebration Saturday night. Oh, dear, he might be getting the flu was my first thought.

He ate a bite of his bagel and ran into the living room to lay on the couch, again, not something he would never normally do first thing in the morning. He said "I don't feel good, my tummy hurts". I told him that Mommy would get some oil for him. I put a couple drops of grapeseed oil in my palm and added a couple drops of Young Living's Di-Gize essential oil blend of tummy-soothing Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus), ginger (Zingiber officinale), peppermint (Mentha piperita), juniper (Juniperus osteosperma and J. scopulorum), fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), anise (Pimpinella anisum), and patchouli (Pogostemon cablin).

I rubbed some of the oil mixture from my palm on his belly in a clockwise motion, then began rubbing the soles of his feet. Before I could start rubbing the second foot, he was kicking his legs trying to get up! He jumped up, ran into the kitchen, and wolfed down the WHOLE BAGEL! His lips were red and color started to return to his cheeks. Essential oils often take some time to work, but this morning they INSTANTLY transformed my son who looked every shade of gray and about to vomit. We had a wonderful day playing outside, riding his bike, ate Greek chicken salad for lunch, and with no tummy issues at all.

To learn more how therapeutic essential oils can benefit your family, subscribe to my free e-newsletter or order Young Living products at the Oils For Wellness website.
Be well,
Jen

No comments: