Friday, August 15, 2008

My Lavender Story

With its historic reputation for healing burns and promoting relaxation, Young Living Lavender has always been a part of my first aid kit. I discovered the truly amazing therapeutic power of sweet and simple lavandula angustifolia when I was pregnant with my son. Early on we became aware of a few potentially serious complications including placenta previa because of a large fibroid tumor that was growing on the outside of my uterus. I had been using lavender for years to soothe monthly cramps with great success, so when I went into premature labor with contractions and bleeding at 16 weeks I put this little oil to the test.

I put 4 or 5 drops of lavender directly on my abdomen and rubbed it in well with some pure jojoba oil. After 2 of these applications, the bleeding and contractions stopped within 24 hours. I continued using lavender on my belly every night after that because the doctors were still very concerned about a premature birth.With lots of prayer and partial bed rest for five weeks(I was told I could be on FULL bedrest for 5 months!), this did not occur again for the duration of the pregnancy.

Our healthy son safely arrived by C section because my water broke at 36 weeks and he was full breech. He is a content and happy little guy who loves his crib, sleeping 11 or 12 hours through the night since he was 3 months old. Is it genetic or was it the relaxing effect of all that lavender he got secondhand from mama? :)

The added bonus to slathering myself daily with this skin nourishing oil is that I don't have a single stretch mark anywhere!

2 comments:

the Albino Bowler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mia said...

how awesome is that!? I didn't know Lavender oil could do that!